Tuesday, November 23, 2010

She Just Wanted to Blend In


It has been a while since I posted on my blog. I can only say life has been busy mostly with creating some fiber art. The piece below is called, "She Just Wanted to Blend In". You can click on the picture to get a close view of her face and hair. This piece was made for possible selection in the Art in Fiber 2011 show at the Copper Shade Tree Gallery in Round Top, TX. I think she needs a personal name but I haven't settled on one yet. When I look at her the thought comes to mind that she just wants to blend into life, other people, what? That is why her dress and figure nearly blends into the background. But, bless her heart, as hard as she tries she can't because of that wild red hair. Maybe it will take her a long time to realize that what prevents her from blending in is the very thing that makes her unique. The PFD fabric was hand painted using Setacolor paints, watercolor pencils and gel pens. The hair is a discharged bleached batik that has been enhanced with gel pens and embroidered yarns and threads.


See my last post for details on the Art in Fiber 2011 show and the Copper Shade Tree Gallery.

1 comment:

jmc said...

I love this piece and Flight from Avalon. Thanks so much for sharing the opening weekend with us. We are returning to Roundtop on the 18th and I really wanted to impress my traveling companion with your awesome works of art! I guess we will have to visit you in Kerrville.