Monday, June 28, 2010

Where Have All The Soldiers Gone?

This piece was made with handmade paper cloth, photo transfer on organza, acrylic and watercolor paints, gel pens, machine stitched. The red "drips" that simulate blood were made with acrylic paint.

I wanted to do a piece that expressed my feelings about the escalation of the war in Afghanistan. My heart goes out to the many families who have lost a loved one there.The title of this piece is from a line in the song, "Where Have All The Flowers Gone", by Peter, Paul and Mary.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

It just hurts my heart thinking of the war and all the young men and women who have to go through it. Your piece is a good reminder of what we lose.

Lana's Threads and Musings said...

I wanted it to be a reminder of what is lost in a war. Thanks for your comments, Yvonne.