Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Garden in Spring




The poppies are just starting to bloom. Hundreds of larkspurs will be blooming in a few days. They reseed every Spring and provide some color in the flower beds before the weather gets too hot. The rusted metal stand behind the bird bath in the top photo is a antique ceiling fan post from a old warehouse we bought years ago. I turned it upside down and planted morning glories that will grow up it. Now there are some pink clematis growing on it. Hopefully we will get enough rain this year but the weather people have promised another drought so I m enjoying the garden before it turns brown.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Was pleasantly surprised to see you posting again. Your garden looks lovely, as always. Hope to see more posts again soon.

Lisa K said...

Great photos, Lana. The rain has given us a beautiful and bountiful spring this year!

Lana's Threads and Musings said...

Thanks Yvonne and Lisa for responding. I thought I would try to get back into my blog. I need the motivation it provides and missed seeing everyone's blogs.

Lois said...

Some of my happiest hours were spent puttering in these gardens, being there always brought a sense of well being as I absorbed the love that was put into it by their creaters.

lois hutson said...

some of my happiest memories are of the times I spent weeding that very garden when the two of you were off about your business ..... your place was as a sanctuary to me .... xoxo