Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Softer Side of Art

It has been a while since I created a post for my blog. What can I say? Life has been busy. I do want to post some pictures from the invitational fiber art show at the Kerrville Arts and Cultural Center that was from July 1-25. It was a great show with many talented fiber artist participating.

This  is Mary Lee Tennant who does wonders with fiber. Here she is demonstrating basket weaving.


Debbie Geistweidt stands beside one of her beautiful landscapes. She thread sketches/ paints traditional Texas scenes with a unique eye for detail.
Lisa Kerpoe stands between long pieces of her hand dyed, monoprinted and many other fiber manipulations I can't even begin to explain other than it draws you in to the design and colors.

If you ever get to Kerrville stop by the Kerrville Arts and Cultural Center. There is always a great art show going on and it is a lovely venue.

No comments: